Hamaker 2 is a freely available software for the prediction of interparticle forces and the resulting stability of suspensions.
For more information, please see Colloidal Stability or the user manual included in the distribution.
- Interparticle dispersion forces: Non retarded Hamaker, Vincent, Gregory, effective Hamaker
- Electrostatic interparticle forces: Hogg-Healy-Fürstenau, Linear superposition approximation
- Steric interparticle forces: Close to hard wall
- Extensible by user programmes plug-ins
- 2D and 3D plotting against any model parameter
- Easy to use graphical user interface
- Real time plotting of interaction potentials
- Cross-platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Estimation of barrier required for stability period
To get download the software, please click on Register or Login (for returning users) at the top of this page.
You should then see Downloads at the top of the page.
When publishing results obtained using Hamaker, please cite:
Aschauer U., Burgos-Montes O., Moreno R., Bowen P., Hamaker 2: A toolkit for the calculation of particle interactions and suspension stability and its application to mullite synthesis by colloidal methods, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 32(4), 470-479 (2011)